What is a doula?
The Greek word doula means, “a woman who serves.”
A Doula is a trained and experienced labor companion who provides the woman and her birthing partner continuous emotional support, physical comfort, informational and avocational support during pregnancy, labor & delivery, and the immediate postpartum period.
They recognize birth as a normal and natural life experience and are there to assist the woman and her birthing partner in preparing for and carrying out their plans for birth. A birth doula understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor; and is an expertise in a variety of coping strategies and comfort measures for the different stages of labor & delivery. Beyond offering continuous emotional and physical support before, during and after labor, a doula offers an objective viewpoint and assistance to the woman in getting the information she needs to advocate for herself and her birth experience!
Nurtured Blossom Birth Support Services Include:
- Free Consultation
- 2 Prenatal appointments included – extra consultation can be added at $60/hr
- Establishing relationship
- Birth Plan
- Comfort measures
- Unpacking fears, discussing desires, answering questions about the process, etc
- Childbirth education
- Phone, text and email support throughout pregnancy
- On call at 38 weeks 24/7 until birth
- Continuous labor & delivery support, and immediate postpartum care
- Photography during labor & birth
- 1 postpartum visit included – extra postpartum visits can be added at $60/hr
- Share birth story – Unpack emotions about experience
- Answer questions about newborn childcare
- Address any breastfeeding questions
- Nurture the mother and baby
- Text and email support through first 6 weeks of postpartum
- Postpartum care package
- Discount/Voucher for photography session with Victoria Loren Photography
Investment – $1200
Support is available on sliding scale ($800-$1200), depending on financial situation.
Message me to discuss payment options!
Everyone who wants a doula, deserves a doula!